If you like to walk in wild lands, problably this trekk is the best in the wolrld. This ciruit include the “Sierra Valdivieso Circuit”, published in Lonely Planet & Trekking in South America Handbook.
Cruce de Tierra del Fuego trekking is an amazing, and demanding itinerary, but certainly one of the most beautiful trails that can go in South America. Crosses, over 7 days, all the ecosystems of southern Patagonia.
Place: Tierra del Fuego (estancias route, Yehuin Lake, Fagnano Lake, French Pass, 5 Hermanos Pass, Beagle Channel).
Duration: 9 days (7 trekkings days).
Operation Period: October to April.
Description: Crossing Tierra del Fuego is an expedition in which we will know all the natural environments of the island of Tierra del Fuego, starting from the grasslands of the steppe, to transition enviroments, and culminating in the Beagle Channel coast, after crossing the Lago Fagnano, the Andes Range, (at the ends) and the enormus subantarctic forest.
Over 7 days we walk at south, along ancient paths stays put, crossing the Lake Fagnano, (in a dinghy), and crossing the Andes, range in trails rarely travels, in search of the mitical Beagle Channel and the city of the end of the world: Ushuaia.
During the trek we will have intimate contact with nature that keeps the memories offorgotten people and indigenous populations already extinct. Share with the fox,guanacos and condors domains, and pass by there without a trace, so that only in our memories remain indelible mark on the landscapes of the southern latitude of America..
- Day 1: Arrival to Río Grande Airport – Estancias route to Yehuin Lake – Trekking to Camping Rancho de Lata – Overnight camping – (lunch and dinner).
- Day 2: Breakfast – Trekking Rancho Lata to Fagnano Lake – Guanaco Bay- Night Camping – (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Day 3: Breakfast – Crossing Fagnano Lake by boat – Overnight camping on shore – (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Day 4: Breakfast – Trekking French Pass day I – Night Camping in the Pass – (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Day 5: Breakfast – Trekking French Pass day II – Night Camping in Tierra Mayor Valley- (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Day 6: Breakfast – Trekking Cinco Hermanos Pass- day I – Overnight camping – (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Day 7: Breakfast – Trekking Cinco Hermanos Pass day II – Arrival to Beagle Channel and Ushuaia – Night in Hotel – (breakfast and lunch).
- Day 8: Free day in Ushuaia – break to know the city – (breakfast)
- Day 9: Transfer to Ushuaia Airport. (breakfast)
Price per person double base (2012/2013):
- Autonomy: USD 1525.-
- Asistested: USD 2270.-
Services Included: Mountain Guide, transfer, Fagnano Lake crossing, meals, Camping equipment, two nights in a mountain refuge and two nights in a hostel.
Services not included: International or Domestic flights.
Photo Gallery of this tour:
Ask us for your trip!.