Central area of Darwin Range, are highest and the most remote of Tierra del Fuego. Mount Darwin, Marinelly Glacier, and Mount Shipton have a fantastic history. Nobody are really sure where they are. We will be part of the history of this part of the world…
- We are going to one of the more remote and highest areas in the Darwin Range, to explore, climb and walk on millennia glaciers.
- We plane to pass 8 days in land, with an open plan.
- Our idea include multiple possibilities, from explore and climb some easy mounts, to climb some big one, like Mount Shipton, the highest peak of Darwin Range.
- Depending of the weather, mountain conditions and the group interest, we will climb and walk in this remote area.
Trip day to Day:
- Day 1: Arriving to Punta Arenas – Transfer to hotel – Dinner and Briefing about trip.
- Day 2: Boarding in our boat, and navigate to Base Camp in Brooks Bay. BLD
- Day 3 to 10: From our base camp, we will climb and explore all the area. BLD
- Day 3: We will aproach to camp 1, carrying all our luggage for 8 days.
- Day 4: Move all the equipment to the camp 1
- Day 5: Explore and climb one mountain to have a nice view of the landscape.
- Day 6, 7, 8: Explore and Climb one of the importants peaks.
- Day 9: Reserved for bad weather.
- Day 10: Descend to the base camp.
- Day 11: Our boat come back for us, to go back to Punta Arenas. Nigth in hotel. BLD
- Day 12: Breakfast and Transfer to Airport. B.
Download the overview of this trip:
Trip in Brief:
- Start Finish: Punta Arenas / Punta Arenas
- November: 12 to 23th, 2012
- January: 14 to 25th, 2013
- March: 04 to 15th, 2013
- See Graphic Schedule.
- Regular Rates:
- Single Suplement: U$200.- (Only Hotel in Punta Arenas)
- Individual / Private Rates from:
- US$4500.- base 2/3 paxs.-
- US$3650.- base 4/5 paxs.-
- US$3000.- Base 6/7 paxs.-
- US$2600.- Base 8 and more.-
- Regular Rates are per person in US$ Dollars, based on twin occupancy.
- Private departures are subjet to disponibility
- Navigation, Trekking, Mountainnering
- (you need to carry all your personal and technical equipment, and part of the group equipment)
Write Us if you have questions or booking:
Ask us for your trip!.